Saturday, February 14, 2009

1973 Pink Mushroom

A few of us worked at the Pink Mushroom after school. It was a daycare at Tierney Road and Panola, behind the apts. where Marcie Creech once lived.


I had the 2 year old class. They napped, snacked and played outside. Tste and Kwil also worked there, I have a couple of pictures.


































Terri & I also worked together in 1975 at Seven Seas. This was one of the BEST Summers ... and one of the most fun jobs I ever had. Here is a look:





The last photo ... Tste is 2nd from left (in orange next to some GUY! ) and I am last one on right(in pink and green).
Jobs - some fun, some not-so-fun, some for the money, some you would do for free...
Some of my memorable ones during the college years were working at Piggly Wiggly until midnight, Tandy Craft stores, Washer Bros. and John L. Ashe.
Tell a story about one of yours!

2 comments:

jkle said...

I remember your Seven Seas job. Does that place still exist? Where was it? Isn't that where you met Steve? My best job in high school was working in the Rich's (a department store) bakery/candy department. The employees got to take home all the broken cookies!!! love, skni

jhar said...

John (I think it was him) and I came to see you at Seven Seas when you worked there. I had forgotten about that place! hmm favorite job..probably what I'm doing now actually! who woulda thought...