Sunday, November 9, 2008

1970 Girls Party

Party time - at Tste house, farewell to Jkle moving to Atlanta. I guess I didnt remember it because I didnt want her to move.








Top row looks like Chop , Stho, Dkel & Patty Guffey!

2nd row is Bbow, Dcog, Jkle, Bcai, Dmid ?
Floor sitters are Tste, Jpen & Jhar ...

What do we have?








Jpen looks like she is milking a cow...Bbow just doesnt get it!








Now Jkle is flying ! lol


In the background looks like Mrs. Horton!


















Last photo is me at the front door.
So who remembers what this party was all about?
11/10/08 edit: updated that this was Jkle's Going Away to Atlanta farewell..... it wasnt but a few months later that I flew there with Char. (that will be another blog)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I can definitely share what this party was all about! TSte hosted a wonderful surprise going away party for me at her house. It was just before leaving for Atlanta. Mrs. Horton was definitely there. I remember she was our SS teacher at the time my parents told me we were moving. I was so distraught that they asked her to speak with me. Moving at age 15 is not a good thing. I often wonder where I would be, what I would be doing, etc. had we not moved. Think I'd be married to DKli or JNan? Ha Ha. Anyway, it was a very nice party....just didn't like the ocassion! Thanks again for hosting it, TSte!!!!! love, jkle

Anonymous said...

P. S. I still have the scrapbook from the party. I remember TSte gave me a charm (which I still have) with our names on it. She was just arriving from Atlanta and I was heading there. Here we all are nearly 40 years later!!!! Where does the time go? love, jkle Also, thanks to JHar for identifying PGuf. It's funny that you saw her several years ago and she didn't really remember us??!! Are you kidding? How could she not remember us??!!! Goodness, that's impossible!!! love, jkle

Skni said...

Jkle, it would have been Jnan for sure! I revised the post that you were the honoree.

bbow said...

Jkle, I laughed as I read the comment, Jnan would have won your heart hands down had you not moved. I remember the party at Tste's home, I did not remember the reason...like we had to have a reason. Wasn't staying awake all night and wrapping houses reason enough? I must have "blocked" that it was your "going away party" as it was huge for all of us. I know each of us had to deal with you leaving in our on way and it was not easy. I know we all looked forward to you coming home each summer. Funny, all these years later we are all still together, electronical and virtual as it may be, we are still communicating. Love, Bbow