Sunday, November 16, 2008

1971 Summer Mission Trip


1970 Mission trip - SHBC youth went to Brownsville via bus. I was assigned to this small church with Hcra (sitting on steps with children) and a few other guys. We did neighbor-hood VBS Vacation Bible School that week. Next group picture in the playground has Hcra in the middle, looks like Jhar in the background but not sure.

I remember walking the neighborhood going door to door inviting children to our VBS ... most all the small homes had their door and windows open ... one house we walked up to , when the screen door opened, out came a double barrel shot gun. No English! We left real quick, my heart beating outside my chest.
We also toured the area, the following were HOMES in Mexico, I had never seen the like. I remember giving away food and care packages. This nice lady had a pet parakeet on her shoulder.
This last picture is of me and a young girl that was in my class.

No comments: