Sunday, November 23, 2008

1972 Mission Trip

1972 - Mission trip again to the Valley.... holding VBS classes for children.

I am in first picture with 2 of the boys in school. This is my first remembrance of Mexican dresses!

Next Hcra was teaching a class here, she looks mean but she wasn't.



Group picture - I never noticed until today that Jpen's dress is SINFULLY sheer & short! Jpen, did you let your daughters wear cute clothes like this? lol ***

Dmor was such a ham ruining the shot. Who is the yellow dress next to Jpen, I think it is Stho!?

We went to different destinations in this lovely van. Left to right we have Ccra, Dkee, Brho, Eacu, looks like Chor behind her.




Street sceen has Dcog (hanging onto her is ?Kerry E? ) Eacc, Mmor, Jimmy Moore our Youth Director.






Here is Marcie Creech between K & D









Street scene Lindsey sticking out his tongue. Mrs Horton is standing by Dmor.











Bulleted List

Kids everywhere.










Bus on the left we have Brit, Dale, I think Lee rubbing his eye, Jimmy & Helen. The next is our beloved Jnan!

Last is Cfar, she & I roomed together at these folks home. She is at their front door. The home was real nice, and air conditioned.

10 comments:

... said...

great vintage pics! How's TX, we miss it :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, missed all the Mission Trips to Brownsville. I assume that's where these pictures were taken. Skni, I believe that's Stho (in the yellow dress) next to Jpen? Sure looks like her. Was Lwil ever that skinny? I sure don't recognize him. Keep up the blogs, Skni. Totally awesome. love, jkle

Anonymous said...

P. S. Did the yellow bus really have no back window? Leave it to Jnan to hang out the open window! love, jkle

tstein said...

No- there was no back window. I remember a time when Jpen got to drive the big bus. Jerry P, asso pastor let her. She was going so fast that she missed the turn off to where we waiting to be picked up. The bus sped by and Jpen was at the wheel with her long hair flying out behind her. tstei

Jnan said...

This is the mission trip Slin and I set all the clocks up 4 hours and Lwim got up at 3 AM showered and got ready to go for the day. The family we were staying with thought he was nuts!

jnan

Jnan said...

Hmmm... I remember skinny! And long hair... And that shirt was pretty hot! And we all noticed Jpen dress!!!!

I also remember telling Kerry e (Kekc) that that he needed to be careful as he looked too much like the Hispanic population, we kept telling him that the boarder patrol would not let him back in the USA if he went over the boarder!

Jkle, I am not sure that is lwim... his shirt and pants are not ironed, don't think he ever went out with out them looking sharp!

Skni said...

Welcome JNAN! to our BONGO Blog!
We definitely need to hear your comments... lol

Anonymous said...

I think someone indicated that it was LWil who was sticking out his tongue above...not LWim. There's a significant difference. I then said I didn't remember LWil ever being that skinny? So, someone definitely determine who that guy is for me. I think Marcie C. is walking behind him. JNan, glad to have your perspective on things!!!! Welcome!!!! Hugs, JKle

Skni said...

A VERY Significant difference! Watch those names, they are trick. Hey - give me a hint for "Slin"????? can't get my brain to figure out who that is...

Jnan said...

Scott Line (Slin) How is that for a hint? lol