Monday, October 20, 2008

The 1960's Slumber Parties

Starting with 1965, sitting on the hearth is Dkee, Skni, Bbow & Jkle! Were we behaving? Probably. I have several pictures of the sleep-over or Slumber parties during the 1960s. We had the best time, no matter if we were at my house, Jkle's, Cfar's or our Sunday School teacher's home.
The cheese rotel dip , chips, cookies, cokes and such! I remember my home, we would open up the playroom and we had two couch beds turned out.
Look here at the games we played.... was it Pass Out ... Fall back "trust me"?















Above is Cfar's Mom!!! She was fun! I remember Cfar singing karaoke style! BEFORE it was popular!
Look at the 35 records Jkle is picking out.
Jpen is getting into the music.





What's up here? Skni bangs, ugh!

















Look at Cfar fix her bands! and there is Baby doll Bbow !

TWISTER - Twist and shout! Jkle, Jpen, Dcog & Dkee. What did you say?




















Woo hoo - look at my wall art!
Go Go girls and the Monkees on the wall above the bulletin board.




Remember hair extensions!!!
wow, Jpen knew the style!



















Here is my 15th Birthday! Only 1 Bongo older (Cfar) the rest of you were only 14! We were kickin'! Side bangs were in, but mine just wouldn't stay!


















& don't we all remember Dcog, at EVERY SLUMBER PARTY, looking just like this!






Allergic to everything! I bet she has stock in tissues! We love you anyway, Dcog!

2 comments:

jkle said...

Oh my gosh....those were the days! Vintage pictures for sure! I remember I was in love with Jerry "something". He was the son of the pastor of the church in Brownsville where SHBC always did their mission trips. Can't remember the last name. I notice his name is on my bulletin board. Funny seeing Dcog with her kleenix! Some things never change!!! Another great blog, Skni. I have been watching for it. Heading to Houston this morning! love, jkle

jkle said...

Sure would like to see more comments from the Bongo girls!!!! Am I the only one who is totally in awe of Skni's compilations of pictures and stories each week?? This is our history!!!! I am still laughing at the Twister contortions and Jpen's hair extensions!!!!!! love, Jkle