Thursday, October 2, 2008

1971 Camp Sagamore


1971, a very good year! We just finished the the 10th grade! (15 & 16 year olds) I drove to camp in my pink car (really a muted rose tone, but we called it PINK). The car is shown behind the girls in this picture below. I do remember having a flat driving to Latham Springs!





Cfar, Jkle, Stho & Tste


















Here we are ready for our skit, was it a kindergarten class or what, I can't remember! Rigby's Rompers or what?










We have D?--, Jhar, ?---, Jkle, Skni, Bbow, J---, Dpax, Dcog and Ccra on the ground. I need help filling in the blanks! Is that Jkle cousin?
Below are shots of our cabin and the stuff we used to do. Everything is PINK! Were we the Pink somethings?

I do believe above is Jpen with Mmor & Cfar(?) These are the tiniest photos! No wonder my dad liked making 8 X 10 s ! Funny, below is Dpax, she is wearing MY SHIRT! She didnt want hers to get messed up during the Rumble! She has shaving cream all over, and I never saw my shirt again!
We have Cfar & Bbow blowing in the window unit, then Dpax is a happy camper.... Tste and Stho look as if they are zoned out. And Miss Ccra - words escape me!

I found one of me that looks like I was trying to get away fast, away from the stinky bathrooms. Jkle & Dpax doing mirror duty in the background.

I think this is the year I remember scarey ghost stories at the campfire ....OWA TAGOO SIAM .... Thanks to Mr. Klempanauer!

2 comments:

Dcog said...

Skni - - Great work again! I can't remember who we were that year but I have a funny memory. I'm holding a Raggedy Ann in the big group picture. I remember that Ccra "lynched" her in the cabin at some point during the week! It was hilarious.

It's also bittersweet to see pics of those that have gone on to be with the Lord like Mmor and on an earlier blog - - Dmoo. Thanks for seeing that they are remembered. - - Dcog

jkle said...

If I am not mistaken, the Owa Tagoo Siam was Junior Camp, right? Scared the crap out of all of us! I think the counselors dreamed up scary camp fire ghost stories so that we would all run to our cabins and have no intention of sneaking out!!!! Dad was good at ghost stories. Those were the days!