Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


HAPPY HALLOWEEN ...

"Princess Bradley","Sgt. Jackson" & next is "Lola Bee"

Well, I didn't have any luck in finding Bongos in costume, although I do remember 1 party a Jhar's home in Bedford that was a blast in the mid to late 70's... I know I had a picture ... maybe it will turn up by next year.
So, what i have is my parents on the front porch 70s then Dmoo holding my plastic pumpkin that I still have! It is sitting on my dinning room table today! The 3 little ghosts are from my current front yard 2 years ago, boy the landscape has really changed. Next is 60's SHBC skating party, everyone in costume. The CLOWN is my sister!

1987 was a fun year! Skni and Jmoc.
















Then the 90's brought into my life a dear friend Lgoo! We dressed as Laurel & Hardy. I am the tall one - the last picture is us without masks, with Dcri.


















Both Lgoo & Dcri are Sagamorans!

Some of the best memories are of walking the neighborhood, going door to door, trick or treat. Many years of our pre & early teens we would do Jkle's area, cuz we walked to Donnie and Lindsey's .... Char lived on the same street. I think I was always a witch, really cant remember.

We would run and my side would hurt. We would walk for miles! Times have changed, and I wouldn't walk now anywhere on any day.

We grew up in the best years, the 60's!


More of my granddaughter Princess Bradley 2008






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute Princess Bradley is!!! And the Sharpeis, too!!!! Who is Dcri? He's cute. Also liked the one of your folks standing on the porch. I definitely remember in our early teenage years (13 or 14) we would run all over my Lynnhaven neighborhood. That was after it was too cool to dress up and we were just after the candy! For what ever reason, I was never big on dressing up or costume parties. I know some people are really zealous when it comes to that! Wonder what part of my brain is missing? I like to have fun, so I know it's not the "fun" part! Anyway, another great blog, skni. It's neat that you still have the pumpkin that Dmoo is holding. It has seen lots of Halloweens! love, jkle